To attain the high aim the school intends for all the students, full co-operation of the parents or guardians is imperative. The best school training is seriously crippled unless the home does its part. In order to secure all that is best in the education of the child, maximum co-operation.between the parents and the school authorities is necessary. Parents are requested to see that their children spend at least two hours in the evening reading and writing. All parents are earnestly asked to ensure that the ideals of courtesy and gentlemanliness which are proposed to the children during school hours are lived in their
- Parents should co-operate with the school’s effort by their total involvement to bring about maturity in their children. This calls for a real understanding of the school’s philosophy, it means that parents should strive to be living examples of the values taught to and expected of their wards, it means keeping the Principal and the concerned teachers informed of any special problems, family circumstances or necessary for a proper understanding and guidance of their wards. The school desires to have your co-operation and close contact with the teachers of your child in order to develop an atmosphere that is conducive to better and more effective education. This diary is one of the links which bridges the home and the school, it is an effective medium to attain total harmony/rapport between the home and school.
- This diary has been introduced for you and the school staff to communicate effectively. It is essential that you inspect your child’s diary every day.
- All such communications must be counter signed by you so that we know that you have read them.
- Do ensure that your ward does not carry any money to school unless accompanied by a letter.
- In the event that you wish to communicate with the class-teacher, please use the ruled pages. Parent’s remarks requests.
- Absence of your child from class for attending social functions is discouraged because it retards the child’s progress and minimizes his/her interest in regular school work.
- Children should do their home work by themselves. Parents should not do the home work or write in the copy/book of their ward, the work missed during his/her absence. It is important that the children develop a habit of studying and working ontheirown.
- Private tuitions are discouraged.As the medium of instruction is English, children should be helped to follow their classes easily by a certain amount of regular conversation in a cultured manner in this language at home.
- Please see that your ward carries text/exercise books according to the time table everyday. No extra books are allowed. Kindly ensure that your ward prepares for the Class/Surprise Tests/Examinations. Encourage your ward to take a balanced interest in studies, co-curricular activities and sports. It is not advisable to bring to school valuable articles like expensive watches, fountain pens, transistor radios tape recorders, calculators, and jewellery. In case of any loss of valuable or other articles the school authorities will try their best to trace these but shall not undertake any responsibility for the loss. Children should be instructed to be careful about his/her possessions. Students are not allowed to wear jewellery in school or have Mehandi applied. Violation of these rules will result in heavy fines.
- If your ward is absent from school, he/she must make up all the work he/she has missed. Supplementary notices from the school will be placed inside the front cover flap. Please acknowledge receipt of these as well. It is mandatory that the diary is maintained properly and is carried to school every day. The students should be recognized not only by the uniform but also by their good conduct and behavour as students of St. Xavier’igh School.